Primary care is a health service you get from a primary care provider or primary care manager (or PCM) during a doctor’s visit. Some of these services include:
- Routine care, like an annual physical exam
- Medical treatment for nonemergency or nonurgent care
- Follow-up care if you have ongoing medical problems
- Preventive health care, like immunizations and allergy shots
- Family planning
- Patient education and counseling
Primary care also includes medically necessary diagnostic laboratory and X-ray procedures and tests. Primary care is used to treat adults and children, including infants and newborns.
Primary Care at NMRTC Beaufort consists of Family Medicine and Internal Medicine. For more information, please visit the individual health services.